5 Tips to Choose the Right Marble Countertop Installation Company
When you're making the final decisions in the process of remodeling your kitchen, one of the most important things is to pick the right contractor. When it comes to marble countertop installation in Alpharetta, you want to make sure that you can get the best man, or woman, for the job. Different companies offer different promotional sales, but that isn't always the most important thing. Here are five tips to keep in mind when it comes to choosing the right marble countertop installation company.
1. First, make a list of contractors in the area. Do some research through your favorite search engine. Find some contractors who specialize in the installation of natural stone counters. If you aren't really having much luck online, ask your friends, neighbors, and coworkers. Chances are good at least one of the people you know has had a good experience with a marble countertop contractor in the area. Another benefit of asking people you know is to get hands on information about the bad companies in the area. You don't want to accidentally pick the wrong contractor.
2. Contact the contractors on your list. You want to talk to the contractors that you have in mind about multiple issues or concerns you may have about installation. Talk to them about how many years of experience they have installing marble countertops. Ask them if they are licensed professionals or if they just do this for a hobby. Finally, ask them if they have any referrals.
3. Talk to the contractors about your plan. Most countertop installation companies will give you a free estimate, so it can be beneficial to talk to them about what you envision for your renovation. If you have already picked out what stone you'd like, show it to them. Otherwise, take a glance at their samples. Marble comes in different shades, so you'll want to specify which one you would like. It is important that both you and the company know what you are wanting out of this. If you don't tell the company about your ideas for this installation, they might let you down. If you're not entirely sure what you want, then ask the company if you can take a look at their photo gallery. Each company should have pictures from finished projects they've completed in the past. Looking at these can help you make a decision.
4. Get multiple written estimates. You don't want to talk to just one company and get only one estimate. If you only get one, you won't have anything to compare the price to. Different companies might have certain specials or simply different prices that can benefit you in the long run.
5. Make your decision based on expertise. While price may be important, you can always pay a ridiculously cheap price for a terrible job.